Dr. Alakananda Ashok
EDUCATIONAL & TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS
B.E.(Electronics and communication)
M.E. (Controls and Instrumentation from MNREC, Allahabad, UP),
Ph.D. (Digital Image Processing From IIT Roorkee, Roorkee, UP)
- 21 years total work experience as Fellow scientist, assistant Professor, Associate Professor , Professor.
- Worked as Nodal Officers of College of G.B.P. Univ. of Agriculture & Technology for three years and attached to Uttarakhand Technical University, helped University to establish in its formative years, worked as Examination controller and board member of counseling committee.
- Have an experience of Senior Principal Scientist at CSIR, HQ’s for 4 years, Worked with Planning and performance division. I was involved in coordination of the Twelfth Five Year Plan projects under the Engineering and Physical cluster. I was also CSIR coordinator for Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research(AcSIR), took new challenges by participating actively during establishment year of AcSIR. Contributing in AcSIR will support creation of human resource with interdisciplinary knowledge that can lead to open new avenues in S&T with better understanding of different fields. Unique type of interdisciplinary courses are developed, specialized human resource will be generated as per project requirement, which will enhance the quality of research taking place in laboratories
- Research on ” Effect of Phase Noise on the Performance of a subcarrier Modulated heterodyne system”, for completion of ME, degree.
- Developed Teaching aid programme on transducers for short term courses at QIP Centre, IIT Roorkee.
- Set-up the Optical Fiber Laboratory in the Department and developed Instruction Manual for Optical Fiber and Instrumentation and Measurement Laboratory.
- Ph.D research on “Feature Extraction in NDE Weld Images”, from IIT Roorkee (Synopsis attached).With the help of Digital image processing. Programmes developed in MATLAB for the execution of different segmentation techniques to detect different types of flaws produces during welding, their comparative study and flaw measurements. Courses Studied in Ph.D programmeare Neural Networks, Biomedical instrumentation,Quality control system,
- Total 15 papers published, 07 papers published in international Journals, 03 papers published in national Journals,& 01paper presented in national Conference, and 04 papers in international Conferences (List given).
Attended different workshops and conferences which enhanced the knowledge in different areas.
- Guest lecturer, Practical external expert from UTUto different Engg./MBA/MCA College and board member of counseling committee Uttarakhand Technical University.
- Member of Indian Society of technical education (ISTE)& Indian Women Scientists Association.
- Journal papers reviewer for IETE Journal (The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers)